04 – 12 October 2021
St Andrew’s Hall, VIC
Missions Interlink Language Learning (MILL)
MILL is a pre-departure program designed to help people develop the skills, methods, techniques and attitudes necessary to learn another language.
What is MILL about?
Learning to communicate in another language is a vital part of cross-cultural ministry. Yet many people go to the field without adequate preparation for learning a new language. Being equipped with tools to help in the task of language learning can reduce some of the stress of living and working in a cross-cultural environment.
The course explores issues in language acquisition, phonetics and basic linguistic principles. The focus is practical, giving experience working with native speakers, and individual consultations relating to specific languages and ministry contexts.
Gain a fresh perspective on language learning, while acquiring skills, confidence, flexibility and a boost to beginning language learning.
About the Programme
Language learning is a difficult task for many people but there are resources that can dramatically transform the degree of success you can have. MILL is a course designed to help boost your confidence and ability.
• Be introduced to a variety of language learning techniques and ideas.
• Learn to take responsibility for your own language learning.
• Practise what you are learning with native speakers of a new language.
• Gain insight into the nature of language and language study.
• Discover your personal language learning style.
• Learn to make and distinguish the sounds of many different languages.
• Leave with a folder and CD of resources to help you begin the task.
• Receive individual support and advice relevant to your specific situation.
• Network with others on a similar journey.
• Have fun!
The course is run by qualified linguists with on-field experience.
04 – 12 October 2021, not including the weekend.
Monday to Friday 04 – 08 October and Monday to Tuesday 11 & 12 October
NOTE: Dates could be subject to change without any prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances. Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns in relation to this.
Starts from 9.15 am to 1 pm.
04 – 08 Oct 9.15 am to 1 pm
11 Oct 9.15 am – 1 pm, with a session on children’s language learning from 1.45 – 2.45 pm (participants without children are welcome to stay for this if they would like to).
12 Oct 9.15 am – 1 pm
- No childcare and program is available.
- Accommodation is not included – non-CMS participants will need to make their own arrangements. Feel free to contact St Andrew’s Hall to inquire if their accommodation is available.
- Lunch is available and payable at St Andrew’s Hall, feel free to contact them if you would like to have your lunch at the training.
MI Members & Associates*
A non-refundable deposit of $55 is required to register.
Please note that the course fee has been increased due to the increased cost to run the course.
Register now as spaces are limited!
Registration ends 22 September 2021.
Your deposit is non-refundable but can hold off if you wish to postpone your attendance.
St Andrew’s Hall
190 The Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia
Please contact Missions Interlink, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 03 9013 4004 every Mondays – Wednesdays between 10 am and 4 pm.