6-7 and 13-14 November 2021
Melbourne, Sydney & Online
Missions Interlink Advanced Security Training (MAST) [Pre-Registration]
This is an interactive course that incorporates online learning, indoor and outdoor training, and role-play sessions. Participants are trained on relevant topics facing believers working in open and restricted access areas, including
· Laying the Foundation: Developing a theology of risk & personal security in the context of ministry
· (Re)-Defining Safe: Security best practices for higher-risk environments
· What’s in a Question? Crafting an appropriate response to questions, queries and demands
· Getting in and Staying in: Building legal, social, and moral credibility via legal status
· Online Know-how: Cyber and social media safety and security
· Abating Violence: Recognize criminal & terrorist behaviours via body language; Threat recognition
· From Run, Hide, Fight to MDACC: Surviving active shooters and violent encounters
· Surviving the Worst: An expat’s guide to government detainment and hostage-taking
· Situational Awareness: Understanding hostile observation and surveillance
· Drive to Survive: Vehicle safety and security
The following dates are tentative and subject to cancellation without prior notice.
Part 1: Online Training (Saturday & Sunday)
Half-day Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 November 2021
Attendance at both half-days is required.
Part 2: Face to Face Training (either Melbourne or Sydney)
Either Saturday 13 November 2021 in Melbourne or Sunday 14 November 2021 in Sydney | Venue TBA
Attendance at one face to face session is required in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Depending on the number of registrations and border restrictions, MAST Part 2 may be held in both Sydney and Melbourne or limited to either the Saturday or Sunday in one location.
Part 1 will cover all the theoretical areas delivered via Zoom over two half-days.
Part 2 will cover all face to face interaction: indoor & outdoor training, and role-playing sessions, delivered in either Melbourne or Sydney.
Advice of whether the training will proceed and whether the face to face days will be held in either Melbourne or Sydney or both, will be provided by 30 October 2021.
Please note: Parts 1 & 2 is equivalent to the usual 2 day face to face MAST. All components of the training including classroom training, indoor & outdoor trainings, and role-playing sessions are included in these 2 Parts. These are not separate trainings.
Registering to MAST November 2021 means you are registering for both Parts.
MI Members & Associates*
Non MI Members/Associates
*MI Members & Associates refers to those individuals who are part of an organisation, church or ministry that is a Member or Associate of Missions Interlink. See the list here. More information on how to join MI here.
We are closely monitoring the situation in Melbourne and Sydney. If the situation gets better we will issue a tax invoice in October for the total training fee.
After Invoice has been issued, full refund less $50 cancellation / administration fee.
Part 1 : Zoom
Part 2 : Either or both Melbourne and Sydney, to be advised.
Feel free to contact Avy, email@example.com or 03 9013 4004, Mondays – Wednesdays, 11am – 5pm.